Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Night at the Races, Regionals & Celtfest June-July 2011

So, its been far too long since I posted anything here so I figured I would take a few minutes and update everyone on the going ons of the last couple months!

A Night at the Races
Just before I departed for Ireland in June, the girls and I took part in A Night at the Races for the Ottawa Gaels and we had a wonderful night. Kerianne, Kait, Lisa, Laura and I enjoyed great conversation over dinner and got to ride aroun in the pace car for the Rose of Tralee race. Great fun indeed. Below are a few pictures of us at the event.






Regional Finals
I left for Ireland on June 1st and returned on June 9th, 2011 and had an absoluately wonderful time with all the girls in Portlaoise over the weekend.
When I have a few more minutes to post I will put up a play by play of my week in Portlaoise but, until then, let me get to the juicy stuff and say....

I'M THROUGH TO THE FINAL!!!!!
I return to Ireland for the Rose of Tralee final on August 14th :)

All the girls at Regionals in Portlaoise at the Hertitage Hotel

The FINALISTS (we will be joined by a few more girls for the final in August)
*I'm beside Texas :)....Look for the hat and I'm on the left!


Celtfest - Sunday June 10, 2011 Almonte, ON
I was introduced and spoke a little bit about the Rose of Tralee in Almonte this weekend at Celtfest. It was a lovely day filled with music, dancing, and laughter. I was happy to get the Almonte residence familiar with the Rose of Tralee and what its about and get them pumped up about the idea of getting an Almonte girl to compete for the title next year (Almonte wasn't represented in the Ottawa selection this year).

Waiting backstage to perform at Celtfest!


Corkery Road onstage at Celtfest


A big thank you to my boyfriend Chris for lugging around the harp and getting it set up for me onstage - you're a gem :)
More pictures to come shortly...I forgot my camera so, this one was taken with my phone. Luckily, Lisa Wright came to represent the rest of the girls and had her camera in tow ;)

Keep an eye out for my next postS which will include a play by play of the Regional Finals in Portlaoise & DETAILS ON THE CALADH NUA CONCERT!

No comments:

Post a Comment